For the past year, our children have shown remarkable resilience and resolve. If they ever deserved a summer to have fun, enjoy the outdoors, and revel in each other’s company, this is it. We are “All In” for the 2021 season! Here is a brief overview of where we are currently in our planning.
- Staff will be required to arrive at least two weeks before campers with proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival. After they get to camp, we will administer two more PCR tests before campers arrive.
- Campers will also be required to submit results of negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival and will be tested two additional times after they arrive at camp. Keeping our camp community “negative” will give us the confidence that our bubble is working and allow campers to operate more freely within their age group.
We have made arrangements for PCR testing with NorDx, the largest regional laboratory in Maine. NorDx will supply the test kits, our medical staff will collect the specimens, and we will transport them immediately to the NorDx lab in Scarborough, Maine. We’ll have results within 24-72 hours which optimizes our ability to identify and isolate anyone with a positive result.
We have our fair share of runny noses and overheated boys under normal circumstances, so we will have antigen rapid tests in camp for anyone who exhibits even the slightest COVID-19 symptoms. While not as reliable as PCR testing, it does allow us to identify anyone with a positive result and take immediate and appropriate precautions.
All camp bulletins are posted in your myTakajo.com account.
- Bulletin #2 with information about the clothing and equipment your son needs for camp is now posted. Link: Cover Letter, Bulletin #2, and Camper Packing List
Visit our official provider, The Camp Spot, for our 2021 Clothing & Equipment Catalog and online store.
- Bulletin #3 with information on travel arrangements to and from camp will reach you in early March.
- Medical Forms are currently posted in your myTakajo.com account so they are accessible whenever your son is scheduled for his yearly exam. (We will be adding required forms for COVID-19 symptom checks for the fourteen days leading up to the start of camp on June 26.)
We have a team of seasoned veterans in all the key positions at camp. There is no detail too small as we put together our plans for a fantastic summer for your son!
We will continue to provide regular updates, but please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns along the way. We are completely available, and you can always reach us by email or at our Armonk office, (914) 273-5020.
Looking forward to being in touch with you in the weeks and months ahead. Until next time, Warren joins in wishing you all the best in 2021.